Since the leaves started to turn brown, there is one brown spice we all think of – Cinnamon.
And luckily for all of us coffee lovers, it’s the perfect addition to our warm cup of joy. And it’s not perfect only because it tastes great, but for its health benefits too.
Let’s see some of the benefits of cinnamon before we jump to making this delicious and healthy cinnamon coffee!
Benefits of adding cinnamon to your coffee
There are many reasons why you should add this spice to your brew, but let’s mention a few most important here:
1. Cinnamon will give healthy sweetness to your coffee
Cinnamon has a naturally sweet flavor, so you won’t need any sugar or artificial sweetener when you add it to your coffee.
So, if you watch your sugar intake, this is the perfect coffee addition for you.
As a matter of fact, research had shown that cinnamon could help regulate your blood sugar.
2. Cinnamon will help your soar throat and clear your sinuses
Cinnamon is the perfect addition to your coffee, especially if you have cold or seasonal allergies. It acts as a decongestant, which means this warm drink will soothe your throat and take care of that uncomfortable feeling.
3. Cinnamon will give you an extra energy boost, apart from the coffee
Coffee gives you a boost anyway, but thanks to the same properties that allow cinnamon to help with diabetes, the spice also works against fatigue by moderating blood sugar levels and keeping you from crashing.
Your brain, too, will feel the boost from the cinnamon. Adding it to your coffee will help you with concentration and focusing, according to this study.
And together with the coffee, you can have the effects of your morning cup a little bit longer.
4. Cinnamon lowers your appetite
Because of its naturally sweet taste and amazing aroma, cinnamon satisfies sweet cravings and suppresses appetite. It’s a great ingredient to be used by everyone who is trying to lose weight or skip unhealthy snacks.
According to research, the antioxidant properties of cinnamon help the body deal with the negative impact of eating fatty foods, which means it protects you from heart problems.
5. Cinnamon is really, really nutritious
Cinnamon contains many nutrients like fiber, calcium, manganese, iron, and Vitamin K.
How to make Cinnamon coffee?
It’s easy, but so satisfying.
You can add ½ tsp of cinnamon powder into your coffee, or you can stir your coffee with a cinnamon stick.
But this is the absolute best way to make cinnamon coffee and enjoy it with the full flavor and all the health benefits that come with it.
Cinnamon Coffee Recipe
- coffee beans
- cinnamon sticks
- brewing kit (espresso machine, Chemex, V60, or anything else)
- Snap out the cinnamon sticks in a size similar to the beans (otherwise they won’t grind up properly) and grind them together with the coffee beans.
- Grind together the beans and the cinnamon sticks depending on the brewing method you like and enjoy the unique and heavenly aroma coming from the grinder.
- Brew your perfect cinnamon coffee!
- If you grind extra coffee, store it in a vacuum storage container and use it as needed.
- If you like it with milk, froth the amount of milk you like, and add it to the coffee.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder as decoration and extra flavor.
Final Words From Me
Did you enjoy this article? Were you already familiar with the benefits of cinnamon and how tasty and beneficial it is to add it to your coffee?
It’s always useful to know that simple things can make our lives much better.
So, tell me, are you willing to try this coffee if you haven’t already?
Or if you have, what are your thoughts?
Drop a comment down and let me know how cinnamon coffee works for you, or if you have any extra tips or suggestions on how to make it even better, I’d love to know more.
And don’t forget to share this article with friends and family, someone might find it useful.
Until the next time,
Enjoy Your Coffee!
Also try these coffee drinks
Have you noticed how the honey is more and more popular as a substitution for sugar in… Continue reading Why You Should Add Honey In Your Coffee Instead Of Sugar
Iced coffee has always been my prefered coffee drink, winter or summer. And since there is no… Continue reading Exploring Amazing Coffee Drinks From Around The World – Portuguese Mazagran