When you live in Kuwait, you have plenty of great coffee places where you can drink great coffee. Especially in the summer, you might need a refreshing iced coffee more often than usual.
But, as the weather gets hotter and hotter here (and I mean crazy hot), you might want to avoid the hot weather and the humidity, sometimes even the dust, and the long waiting lines, and just end up having a regular coffee at home.
Well, that won’t be the case after you try these recipes for home made iced coffee, that you will enjoy more than you think.
And they are super easy to make, too, with ingredients that you most likely have at home already.
All you need is good quality coffee beans, any coffee maker and a strong desire for coffee.
I personally don’t like to pour hot coffee over ice, so I brew my coffee earlier and wait until it comes to a room temperature.
In case you have a sweet tooth, I have a simple syrup recipe for you that you can make it at home. I do have a sweet tooth, but I like my coffee without any sugar or sweeteners.
The last ingredient you’ll need is milk, half-an-half, or creamer.
Now you can skip the hectic coffee shops lines and have quality coffee at home!
These recipes are quick and easy, you don’t need barista skills, and they taste just like the gourmet coffee-shops ones, if not better!
Instant Iced Coffee
- 1 (12 fl. oz.) milk (or evaporated milk), chilled
- 2 tablespoons Instant Coffee of your choice
- Sugar or to taste
- Ice cubes
- Whipped cream (optional)
- COMBINE (evaporated) milk, coffee crystals and sugar in blender container. Cover and process until coffee is dissolved. This will make it creamy. If you don’t like your coffee with thick consistency, it can be easily dissolved by mixing it with little water at room temperature. (see images bellow)
- SERVE over ice. Top with whipped cream.
- CREAMY VANILLA ICED COFFEE: ADD 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to blender container.
- CREAMY CINNAMON ICED COFFEE: ADD 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon to blender container.
- NO-MILK INSTANT ICED COFFEE: Combine boiling water and coffee crystals in pitcher. Stir until dissolved. Blend in cold water. Serve over ice.
Brewed Iced Latte
- Single or Double shot of espresso
- Cold milk of any choice
- Sugar or sweetener by choice
- Ice cubes
Useful tip: The same result can be achieved with coffee made with moka coffee pot, french press, Chemex, V60 and so on. As long as the base is pure strong coffee.
- BREW coffee
- COMBINE coffee and milk in pitcher, stirring until blended.
- SERVE over ice.
Simple and easy!
Cold Brewed Coffee
- 1 2/3 cups of your favorite coffee grounds
- 8 cups cold water
- Ice cubes
- Coffee creamer
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (see the Simple Syrup Bellow)
- MAKE COLD BREW COFFEE in a cold brew jar, or
- MIX ground coffee and water in large pitcher or other container. Cover; let stand at room temperature 8 to 12 hours.
- LINE a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth. Set over 2-quart pitcher. Gradually pour coffee mixture into strainer, allowing liquid to drip into pitcher. Discard coffee grounds.
- CHILL until ready to serve.
- FILL glasses with ice cubes.
- POUR coffee over ice.
- STIR IN creamer and sweetener to taste.
Simple Sweet Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Combine sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool completely and stir in vanilla extract; set aside; use it with your favorite coffee.
I hope these simple recipes will allow you to test your barista skills and creativity!
You can get really creative and make your unique coffee drinks by adding a wide variety of optional toppings to these recipes.
Check out my recipes for Minty Iced Coffee and Iced Lavender Coffee, they are soooo good!
Now it’s time to stock on extra ice in your freezer, and enjoy the hot summer days, wherever in the world you are.
Don’t forget to share your insights and unique recipes in the comments, I’d love to taste something new that you will recommend.
6 thoughts on “How To Make Amazing Iced Coffee At Home Without Too Much Effort”
Thank you, I hope you enjoy your iced coffee 😊🧊☕